April 27, 2012

1. this lemon water.lemonwater {because i zested one too many lemons and instead of putting it to waste, i got water that tastes like july}.

3. this nail.

curtain tieback

{because i was holding out for a more stately curtain tie, but reminded myself, again, that simple does the trick}.

3. these geraniums.
geraniums

{because they stopped flowering inside, so i thought i’d give them a little push on the sill. their just sitting up there hatched another idea. more soon}.

4. this cup of tea with a friend.
tea

{because sometimes tea on someone else’s couch provides just the shift of perspective you need}.

5. this plate of crumbs.
crumbs {because i love how each slice eaten reveals a little more of this fellow on his bicycle. she’s genius, that may luk}.

what little something made your week?

these photographs show the new york of my grandparents’.
{the main database is temporarily down, due to history lovers everywhere overwhelming the system. amazing}.
incredible pear blossoms.
these have me hankering to head west.
james surfing.

• Reply Daniella April 27, 2012 at 2:00 pm

Lovely little snippets of life! I really need to make some of that lemon loaf!

• Reply jacquelyn | lark & linen April 27, 2012 at 4:29 pm

that plate is awesome

I did something similar with my leftover lemons the other night. And then I got crazy and added mint too! It was amazing the day of – the next day it was quite strong and almost bitter. So you know

• Reply Milynn luong April 27, 2012 at 4:38 pm

I love that glass you have in your first picture! I have been searching for one similar to it. I'm currently in love with simple glassware. <3

• Reply Saphera April 27, 2012 at 6:25 pm

I love the window view in the background of the first photo. It reminds me of an apartment I rented while visiting Europe a few summers ago. Brings back so many memories – Thank you!

• Reply sweet harvest moon April 27, 2012 at 8:37 pm

I always love this posts..
    I really like how you did that thing for your curtains, simple is always the best

• Reply Steph April 27, 2012 at 10:51 pm

LOVE this photo montage!

• Reply Rhianna Nelson April 28, 2012 at 7:47 am

This is such a great post! I especially love the fellow on his bicycle and the crumbs 😛

thewildestofdreams.blogspot.com

• Reply Mary April 29, 2012 at 4:23 am

The plate! The plate! How special. I love the blue bicyclist. And lemon water. Yes, i do the same. You have a way with objects that makes them come to life. 🙂 Happy weekend to you, Erin.

• Reply Sam | ashore April 30, 2012 at 5:13 am

Erin,
    the moisture clinging to the glass in the first photo looks as much like July as it tasted.

and thanks for sharing the pear blossoms – I actually thought of you and your farm days when I was out there!