make-believe: pumpkin carving.

October 25, 2012
pumpkin-carving

I’ve lost my zeal for dressing up for Halloween these past few years {though I’m still proud of our James and the Giant Peach getup from a few years ago}, but I can definitely get on board for a little pumpkin carving and treat giving. An ice cream scoop is my go-to tool for scraping out the goop, and this year, I’m hoping to put our hand drills to work for a little polka-dotted Jack O’Lantern. What about you guys? Any Halloween enthusiasts out there?

• Reply Elspeth @ The Layman's Guide to Beer October 25, 2012 at 2:13 pm

I love Uinta's beers, although I haven't had a chance to try their Punk'n ale. Great to see that brewery around the internet. 🙂

Have you had their honey ale? Hyve? Delish.

• Reply Erin October 25, 2012 at 8:26 pm

Yum! That honey ale sounds delicious. Will add to the next shopping list!

• Reply anna lizbeth October 25, 2012 at 2:17 pm

i agree that pumpkin carving requires pumpkin beer 🙂

• Reply Jessie Ammons October 25, 2012 at 7:45 pm

hahaha! the costume's epic.

• Reply Erin October 25, 2012 at 8:24 pm

ha! thank you!

• Reply nishaantishu October 25, 2012 at 8:14 pm

I would love to carve a pumpkin this year! Maybe I will… And halloween used to be my favourite holiday ever but then I moved to London and it's not such a big thing here, unless you want to dress as a slutty rabbit to go out and get drunk – which I do not.

• Reply Erin October 25, 2012 at 8:25 pm

agreed. the underwear turned costumes are not really my cup of tea, so to speak;)

• Reply sweet harvest moon October 25, 2012 at 9:20 pm

I love Halloween! Maybe because I like to dress up and love everything pumpkin flavored?!

• Reply Daniella Ciotti October 25, 2012 at 10:18 pm

We've definitely gotten into Halloween festivities over here… decorations have gotten a little overboard. But it's all in good fun. I hope the neighbourhood kids enjoy it! Pumpkins will also definitely be carved.