I’ve decided that I’d like to take up longboarding. Blame it on some kind of delayed quarter-life crisis. Or my impending 31st birthday. Whatever the reason, I’m itching to try something new.
The last time I was on a skateboard I skinned my knees and sent my friend Katherine high tailing it home to get my mom. En route, Katherine went careening off her own board and our sweet heroine has got the scar to show for her bravery to this day.
I’m hoping that 20 years later I’d be more stoic in the face of inevitable skinned knees and bruised ego. No harm in trying again, eh?
Here’s what I’d need to complete the fantasy:
1. A longboard because of course.
2. A t-shirt with an uplifting message.
3. A helmet for safety.
4. Sunglasses for crow’s feet.
5. A tiny compass for wayfinding.
6. Sneaks for saving my toes.
7. Leather laces to keep things classy.
8. An ice bag for recovery.
More make-believe posts, HERE.