Blame it on the fact that I’ve spotted a certain neighborhood celebrity twice this week cruising around the block on her very sweet ride, complete with toddler seat and saddlebags. Or that more generally, the dip in temperatures means that everyone in Brooklyn with a bike and a baby seems to be out for a joyride. I’ve got biking with a baby on the brain.
Herewith, a little make-believe of what Faye and I would sport on autumnal ridesx around the neighborhood.
1. Fabulous sunglasses because, why not?
2. A fancy popcorn sweater for me.
3. And a popcorn sweater for Faye, too.
4. A scarf to keep my neck warm.
5. And a tinier scarf for Faye.
6. A wooden camera to occupy a budding photographer in the passenger seat. (In make-believe it wouldn’t go overboard.)
7. A crossover bag sized just right for cellphone, wallet, and keys.
8. A bike with sufficiently wide handlebars.
9. Roll-up saddle bags.
10. A classic bell for entertainment and safety.
11. A baby seat to go up front.
12. A celestial bike helmet for a tiny noggin.
13. And a slightly more subdued bike helmet for a bigger one.
14. A rear tire rack.
15. And a bike seat upgrade, because why not?
More make-believe RIGHT HERE.