January 12, 2018

five little things that made my week

1. this last blossom.

{because all the best things are fleeting.}

2. this second round of blooms.

{smaller than the first, but twice as many.}

3. less caffeine, more of this.

{a blend of rose, lemon balm, peppermint, and skullcap, blended by these guys.}

4. tulips.

{because it’s been gray and dreary and i really needed something green. bonus: the flower guy let me take ’em home plastic-wrap-free.}

5. these figs.

{because i’m going through a phase.}

five years, twenty-five percent off.

it is still explosive, radical, and productively dangerous for women to say what we mean.

read a novel instead. noted.

craft and complexity.

as the kids say: thread and thread.

there’s no war on romance.

one bowl box-checker.

• Reply Pepper January 12, 2018 at 12:23 pm

great piece in the guardian. I also loved this one by Lauren Collins in the New Yorker: https://www.newyorker.com/news/daily-comment/why-did-catherine-deneuve-and-other-prominent-frenchwomen-denounce-metoo

• Reply ERIN BOYLE January 12, 2018 at 12:29 pm

so good. thanks for sharing here.

• Reply Juliette January 12, 2018 at 3:10 pm

Yes! And I would like Deneuve to take the parisian metro every day during rush hour and see what she thinks of all the “flirting” that goes on in there! Pleeeeease!

• Reply Rita January 12, 2018 at 1:34 pm

I thought of you when I was reading this! http://mailchi.mp/idler/george-orwell-toby-young?e=c5c1d989ee ! Thanks for the great links!

• Reply Danielle January 12, 2018 at 3:04 pm

Hey Erin, I was wondering if you could do an updated “Growing a Minimalist Wardrobe” on shoes and bags? -I keep wondering what you do about rain boots and an everyday bag. Thanks for being a constant source of inspiration!

• Reply Ciara January 13, 2018 at 7:05 am

Some very interesting reads here, I’m glad you’ve had a relaxing week filled with flowers.

• Reply ERIN BOYLE January 14, 2018 at 9:39 am

Ha! To be totally honest I had a really tough week, but the flowers were bright spots!

• Reply Laurence Breeden January 13, 2018 at 9:07 am

Hi Erin, Comme toujours j’adore votre blog! Une vraie source d’inspiration et d’énergie! xox Laurence