monday’s lesson in nesting:
1. mop wood floors immediately upon arrival. unpleasant smells, stains, and stickiness will be drastically improved.
2. paint baseboard heating registers a crisp white. anything called taupe, natural, or cream should be avoided at all costs.
3. remove circa 1975 track lighting. spend as little time as possible pondering why your landlord had not already made this choice. there’s no telling.
4. admit that maybe, just maybe, seventh generation eco-friendly cleaning products are not tough enough to remove rust stains. abandon them temporarily, revel in the results, and continue your planet loving life.
5. make lists in your head of all the awesome things you would do to an apartment if you were the landlord. ok, maybe this seems counterproductive, but it’s helping me along.
xo. be back soon enough.