first of all, thank you. it was so encouraging to read all of your sweet comments over the past few days. i’m feeling so very much better.
second of all, my apologies for the lack of pictures.
so much black and white, i know.
turns out part of what i really needed to snap out of my funk was just to unplug. to stop documenting the daily things for a moment in order to better enjoy them.
if i haven’t lost you yet, here it is, a list of this weekend’s soul repairs, documented in words, not pictures:
1. a wild night out with friends. celebrating a soon-to-be bride. antics included parading around town in golden crowns and faux mustaches. general silliness. a reminder that laughing feels good.
2. a bike ride with james. too much sitting around and reading has gotten me all wound up. i needed to shake things out a bit.
3. the new york times, paper edition. not turning on the computer until after noon on a sunday feels extremely liberating. also coffee.
4. sunflowers. strapped to the back of a bicycle. delivered by james.
5. an email from my dad concerning his latest endeavors to save old stuff. apple doesn’t fall far.