January 21, 2011

1. these cozy socks.
socks
{because they’re perfect for snow days}.

2. this curvy knife.
opinel
{because it was just right for cutting the grapefruit that kept me feeling like i was getting enough vitamin c this week}.

3. this waffle weave towel.
towel
{because it is the softest dish towel i’ve ever owned. the sunflower seed bread was nice too}.

4. this stanley.
stanley
{because it’s just like the one i grew up with. and hot chocolate on a snow day still tastes as good}.

5. this shovel.
james and shovel
{and the guy doing the shoveling. because}.

• Reply Michelle January 21, 2011 at 2:50 pm

My mum had loads of those little knives! Aren't they mostly used for fruit decoration?
    Lovely week.

• Reply Meg January 21, 2011 at 3:20 pm

i've been eating loads of grapefruit this week, too. they inject a little extra sunshine into cold, snowy days!!

• Reply Rachel January 21, 2011 at 6:16 pm

I need to track down some grapefruit. This is always the time of year I start craving it.

• Reply Anja January 21, 2011 at 6:57 pm

Cute photo of your socks. Nice that the shovel comes with a nice guy 🙂

• Reply AbbieBabble January 21, 2011 at 7:37 pm

I believe that the only thing better than a curvy little knife with which to cut grapefruit is grapefruit itself. Isn't it lovely to have exactly the perfect tool for a little job like that?

• Reply Doe January 21, 2011 at 10:09 pm

We both have good guys, shoveling snow for us. Remember when you were a little girl, and you wrote me that sweet little note that said, "Doe and Erin both have the same memories"?? I still have that note, tucked away. And today we both have the same memory, too–good good snow shoveling guys. We're lucky. I love you.

• Reply annette January 22, 2011 at 2:33 am

Love your list this week especially those warm socks! The recipe you shared for the biscuits are a little something that made my week. Super Yummy!

• Reply Deb January 22, 2011 at 4:25 am

Got a chuckle out of 'the guy' being in your objects post! Fun photos as usual. The thermos was just like the one my dad took to work too! Made me smile.

• Reply Amanda January 22, 2011 at 3:03 pm

we have been on such a citrus kick in my house lately, so the grapefruit picture speaks to me 🙂

i also like seeing the guy shoveling…it's my favorite thing to peek out and see my hubs shoveling our driveway.

• Reply Stef January 24, 2011 at 2:59 am

Those socks look so warm! love them.

• Reply a!k0 January 25, 2011 at 3:03 am