March 15, 2013

1. this hot sauce.piri piri sauce {because i’ve been inventing reasons to eat it all week}.

2. this afternoon light patch.
march light {because there are a few weeks in march when the sun is high enough in the sky that it pours into our apartment. three glorious hours}.

3. these wax flowers.
wax flowers {because they dress up a room so nicely, but without being fussy. you know what i mean}? lemon water {this lemon and sage water with lavender essential oil for fresh scents}.

5. this clamp light.
clamp light {because we suffered a few seedling casualties this week, so i decided to bring out the big guns…so to speak}.

i had the pleasure of meeting this woman once. everything she does is inspired. this especially.
i’m into silhouettes lately.
james says i can’t link to sharks without mentioning this.
i’m in the market for a new book. all three of these sound terrific.
chelsea‘s beautiful bouquets, all in one spot.
this dress, all spring long. please?

and more from me, elsewhere:
hiding dirt, in plain sight.
tiny green things.
spring branches.

• Reply Shivani March 15, 2013 at 1:55 pm

How did you make the lemon and sage water?? That looks like it would smell incredible!

• Reply Erin March 18, 2013 at 2:05 am

Just a mason jar filled with lemon slices, sage leaves, water and lavender essential oil heated in a saucepan with water!

• Reply Milynn {Love + Whimsy} March 15, 2013 at 2:09 pm

I love that afternoon light! That must definitely make the apartment feel so much more cozy.

• Reply Elise Martinez March 15, 2013 at 2:43 pm

That lemon and sage water with lavender essential oil sounds perfect for the coming of Spring!

• Reply Theresa March 15, 2013 at 3:46 pm

Yep, I'm also curious about the lemon and sage water. Is it … for drinking? Do tell:)

• Reply Jen March 15, 2013 at 4:54 pm

The wax flowers are lovely. I like to buy babies breath by itself for a super easy flower that lasts up to 2 weeks.

• Reply Mags Pomichowski March 15, 2013 at 6:58 pm

photo number 2 is gorgeous! and I totally have those same flowers on my dresser in purple.

xoxo
    Mags

• Reply Faith March 15, 2013 at 7:01 pm

Beautiful images! I love posts like these, posts that celebrate the miscellaneous.

• Reply IndiaMorgan March 15, 2013 at 8:09 pm

Erin's officially got me into the spring scents. Why did I only ever do this during the winter before? Boiling up something sweet smelling tonight.

• Reply Rebecca March 15, 2013 at 11:25 pm

I'm right with you on the rare light patches that start to show up at home, and I got the exact same flowers this morning, a whole bunch 🙂
    Loving this week series, I can feel spring coming!

• Reply Mary March 15, 2013 at 11:41 pm

Mmmm.. Delicious sunlight!

• Reply BON+JOUR March 16, 2013 at 9:49 pm

I love, when people have an eye for the little things – enjoy the sunbeams :)!

• Reply S March 16, 2013 at 9:49 pm

I love waxflowers. When I worked in a florists they were one of my favourites (and there were plenty to choose from).
    Pussy willow's good too. There's something about spare-looking stems isn't there? They look like a still-life.

• Reply Breakfast at Vogue March 17, 2013 at 10:13 pm

Siracha is my favorite hot sauce by far, but this one looks just as good! I love this post as well, so simple but very nice. Great blog too!