August 19, 2016

1. this rainbow toast.
tomatoes_reading_my_tea_leaves_IMG_2925{because it’s nice that something so delicious can be made in two minutes flat.}

2. this envelope.mail_reading_my_tea_leaves_IMG_2941

{because cousin snail mail.}

3. this pretty box from becca.box_reading_my_tea_leaves_IMG_2936

{and it’s possible destiny as unsightly cord hider. TBD.}

4. these bandaids.bandaids_reading_my_tea_leaves_IMG_2939

{because we went to ikea for the sole purpose of wandering in air-conditioning. and, apparently, buying a pack of buggie bandaids.}

5. these bars.bars_reading_my_tea_leaves_IMG_2930

{because don’t ask how i’m gonna water the flowers, but at least now we can sleep without worrying that our toddler might scale the wall.}

before air conditioning.

final sale.

spice, delivered.

wanna write a cookbook?

spunk needed.

new song, same sister.

finally, a pretty music box.

ps. i’m experimenting with a new newsletter model this week. check your inboxes later this afternoon! (sign up below!)

• Reply Mary Kate August 19, 2016 at 12:05 pm

I had to stop by and say I made your tomato galette this week with my mom’s garden tomatoes and it was SO GOOD, thank you. I think the one mistake I made though was not using enough tomatoes–I’m doubling down for next time!

• Reply Erin Boyle August 19, 2016 at 12:07 pm

so glad! the more the merrier!

• Reply Laura August 19, 2016 at 12:07 pm

thanks for boosting love you!

• Reply Jean August 19, 2016 at 3:04 pm

Are those bars for the window? Have been looking for some four our toddler room and wondering what you used.

• Reply Erin Boyle August 19, 2016 at 3:08 pm

Yes! They’re the standard-issue, NYC-compliant steel bars supplied by our landlord! Don’t have super specific details!

• Reply ellen emerson August 19, 2016 at 3:58 pm

Thanks so much for sharing the letter exchange between Lily and her new friend. Between that and a video from the Atlanta Speech Center called Every Opportunity (see it on youtube!) I’m hopeful for our future, and humbled by the opportunity to be a better grown up!

• Reply Tom Boyle August 19, 2016 at 4:06 pm

Dads are rarely mistaken in these matters, so I’ll be surprised if there are any negative comments re: weekly newsletters.
    No comment on how often I read your blog.

• Reply Erin Boyle August 19, 2016 at 4:08 pm

GRIN.

• Reply Claudia O. August 19, 2016 at 6:21 pm

Looking forward to the newsletter!

• Reply Cussot August 21, 2016 at 10:51 am

Lovely article about selling the cottage – thank you for that. It was the perfect thing to read this morning when I was still a bit bleary eyed from watching the Tragically Hip’s last concert on CBC last night.