I’ve said before, and I’ll no doubt say again, that babies need so very little. But giving a baby a tiny gift is seemingly as irresistable as squeezing their chubby cheeks. And it’s nice to have a few ideas up your sleeve to nudge potential gift-givers in the right direction or to keep in mind for shopping of your own. We’ve been the very lucky recipients of some very beautiful toys for our sweet girl, and I get asked often about where to find something similar. Here are a few ideas for places to find simple baby gifts, just in case you’ve been on the hunt.
1. Wooden tops, while a little too little for a truly tiny baby are the kind of heirloom-style toy that looks as sweet on the shelf as put to use. James and I gave our nephew a set of tops last spring, and I have my eyes on these ones for Faye.
2. A silver spoon is an extravagant gift for a new baby, but I’ve got my eyes on a humbler wooden one (especially since Faye ate her first bites of solid food this past week. eeep.)
3. Faye had a borrowed version of this clacker rattle from my sister and was recently given one of her own. She’s hardly let it out of her grasp since. Loud and heavy enough to satisfy her curiosity and test those baby muscles.
5. There’s snow on tree branches outside our window right now, which feels like the perfect reason to invest in a pair of woolly bunny slippers.
6. These knitted veggies would make a colorful addition to a toy chest.
7. A soft-bristle hair brush isn’t a necessity for a new baby, but when the fuzz really starts to come in, it’s a nice thing to have on hand.
8. And for baby fuzz that can’t be tamed, a fuzzy tassel hat.
9. I’m a sucker for all things house-shaped. This neighborhood block set is the sweetest.
10. We’ve been given several really beautiful wooden rattles and Faye has been loving them lately, but when she was tinier, she’d bonk herself in the head with them. I like the idea of a super soft rattle; fun to wave around, minus the noggin clonking.
PS. If you want to hear more about my personal baby gifts strategy this holiday, head HERE.
that neighborhood block set really is so sweet.
Those bunny slippers!! Almost as sweet as little baby feet!
What a beautiful collection Erin! Thank you so much for including our sweet tassel hat!
I agree, babies do need very little. You pretty much nailed it with these gift suggestions. I'm keeping this in mind for future baby presents!
These are so cute and perfect. My boyfriends sister is due to have a baby Christmas Day and we were unsure if we should get her something little but after seeing this I think the little elephant rattle would be perfect, though if she was a little older I think I would enjoy giving the neighborhood block set.
What a great list! I love it all. You have a great eye for the beautiful and practical. If only everyone shared your aesthetic. 🙂
P.S.- I loved your guide so much I shared it on my blog with my favorite gift guides of this year. Hope you can take a look, and thank you!
Comments are moderated.